Your Carfty Girl Header

. .

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Laundry Basket Makeover





Hello all, I thought I would share with you one of my quick and easy updates in my master bedroom. Now, I have one of those super ugly but oh so utilitarian laundry baskets. Don't you hate those thing you need out in plain sight but that aren't very nice to look at? Well, you can't have that. So, if you have one of those mesh and PVC monsters let me show you what you can do.


Doesn't it just scream dorm room?


AHHHHH! Much better, I had this curtain I got at Ikea in the AS-IS for $4 I used to transform my eye sore.

This curtain has tabs on the inside that I just feed the top portion of PVC pipe through. Then, I just sewed a channel on the bottom to feed the bottom PVC pipe through. I did have to cut slits in the channel for the corner PVC pipes.

If you wanted to use a piece of fabric.
1. Measure you basket, mine was 80" x 28", then add 1" to length for seam and 4" to height for channels to feed PVC in. So I would cut a 81" x 36" piece.
2. Sew a 1/2 inch finish seam on short ends. Then sew a 4" channel on top and bottom to feed PVC pipe through. When feeding pipe I would simple cut slits in channel to allow for corner pieces.


Hope you have a great week and be sure to come back to see what else I've been working on. As I type this I'm waiting for paint to dry on my next project.

Image Map



26 comments:

  1. Such a great idea!! Why are laundry baskets so ugly? I love this!
    Jamie @ Better With Age

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jamie, I don't know but anything to do with laundry is a drag.

      Delete
  2. What a clever solution to a very common problem! I'm visiting from the Hickory Trail link party.

    Christy @ Creating a Beautiful Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christy, reading all your organization post make me look around and see what else I need to organize.

      Delete
  3. What a creative idea!! That pattern is definitely prettier to look at than mesh!! Love it!
    Selene @ Restoration Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very fun idea. I know my laundry baskets could use a makeover. Thanks for sharing! I'd like to invite you to our Organize Me! Sizzlin' Summer Link Up Party at Get Your Crap Together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the invite Chelsea, great ideas to get more organized this summer.

      Delete
  5. Genius- my one is starting to rip so this might be an easier option than having to buy a new one :) Found you via Real Family Fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Lauren, I loved your Dinosaur card.

      Delete
  6. I never understood why they make laundry baskets so ugly! This is such a clever idea! Thanks for coming by and partying with us. I hope that we'll see you again next week.

    Robin @ Fluster Buster

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some great links this week see you next week.

      Delete
  7. I love this! I picked up some laundry baskets from Ross with pretty green fabric. I just need to spray paint the outside to make them really pretty. Stopping by from House of Hepworths.

    Angela@
    Angela Says:Fold Fitted Sheets the Easy Way

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to see how they turn out Angela. thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  8. Love the transformation.....so pretty! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marilyn, can't wait to try the reverse tie die with the kiddos.

      Delete
  9. Great idea and such pretty fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks really nice...much better than the mesh.
    KC

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey there! I just wanted to say thanks for the follow back on Pinterest ;o) Hope you had a wonderful weekend and have a great night!

    - croppedstories@gmail.com
    http://www.croppedstories.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much for visiting Elena. Also thank you for all the follow love I have returned the love.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for linking up with Hickory Trail. I'm featuring you on tomorrow's post!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a great idea! Thank you for linking up at Submarine Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You did an amazing job Dez!! You are so freaking talented!! Love and miss you girlie!!

    ReplyDelete